Some of the 26 people killed in Sunday’s shooting at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, including family members spanning three generations, have been identified in multiple media reports.
Here are some of their names:
• Annabelle Renee Pomeroy, 14, daughter of Frank Pomeroy, First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs pastor, and Sherri Pomeroy, who were out of town at the time of the shooting, according to the Associated Press. Pomeroy was a seventh grade student at Briesemeister Middle School in the Seguin school district, according to district’s superintendent.
“We have had a long night with our children and grandchildren we have left,” Frank Pomeroy said during a news conference Monday.
Sherri Pomeroy said that the church was a close-knit family. “As senseless as this tragedy was, our sweet Belle would not have been able to deal with losing so much family yesterday,” she said.
• Bryan Holcombe, associate pastor at First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs. According The Washington Post, he was filling in for Frank Pomeroy and about to lead the congregation in worship when Devin Kelley started to shoot. Holcombe also participated in prison ministry where he would sing and play the ukulele for prisoners, according to the AP.
Bryan Holcombe’s Facebook profile picture shows a faded photo of him when he was young, holding hands with his wife Karla, perhaps sometime around 1972 according to a comment by Bryan. His previous four profile pictures boast his grandchildren.
“We knew when he was born, that he was going to be a preacher,” his father Joe Holcombe told the Post. “His first word was ‘God.’”
• Karla Plain Holcombe, Bryan Holcombe’s wife of about 40 years, according to The Washington Post. On Facebook, Karla Plain Holcombe posts pictures of her grandchildren baking in the kitchen. Her last post shared First Baptist Church’s Fall Festival event. Strangers have begun to comment on the post giving their condolences to the Holcombe family.
The Fall Festival was the last time family friend Jenna Brown saw Karla Holcombe, Brown told the Daily Beast.
“She was joking and just as happy as always,” Brown told the Daily Beast.
• Marc Daniel Holcombe, 36, Bryan and Karla Holcombe’s son
• Crystal Holcombe, Bryan and Karla Holcombe’s daughter-in-law and wife of their son John Holcombe; she was pregnant. She home-schooled her five children, The Washington Post reported.
• Noah Holcombe, 1, Marc Daniel Holcombe’s daughter
• Emily Hill , Crystal Holcombe’s daughter
• Megan Hill , Crystal Holcombe’s daughter
• Greg Hill , Crystal Holcombe’s son
• Joann Ward, survived by her husband and two children who were in the church.
• Brooke Ward, 5, Joann Ward’s daughter
• Emily Garza, 7, Joann Ward’s daughter
• Lula White, grandmother-in-law of shooter Devin Kelley, according to CNN. The network reported that White volunteered frequently at the church.
• Tara McNulty, attending church with her children, who were injured, according to a Facebook post about a fundraiser in her honor.
Kevin Koenen, manager at The Aumont Saloon, told the American-Statesman Tara McNulty worked for him for three years.
“She was a great person – a great mother,” Koenen said. “She just had a big heart. She was willing to do anything and everything.”
• Haley Krueger, 16, loved babies and wanted to become a nurse in a neonatal intensive care unit, according to a GoFundMe page.
• Dennis Johnson
• Sara Johnson, Dennis Johnson’s wife
The Johnsons’ son-in-law confirmed their deaths on social media.