Four people were displaced and two South Austin duplexes had extensive damage after a fire Wednesday evening, Austin Fire Department officials said.
Crews responded to the fire at the 1000 block of Milford Way at about 7:22 p.m., officials said. The first firefighters to arrive reported fire showing on both sides of the duplex.
No one was reported injured, officials said. The Red Cross has been notified to help the people displaced.
Fire officials say the fire was accidental and caused by overloaded electrical wiring. They estimated damages at $75,000 for the structure, $10,000 for contents and $10,000 for a vehicle.
Update on fire at 1000 Milford Way. Extensive damage to one side of this duplex. Unknown cause. Residents will be displaced and no one was injured. pic.twitter.com/4MxsIzGcGi— Austin Fire Info (@AustinFireInfo) July 12, 2018