Thursday update: An electrical fire damaged a North Austin self-storage facility Wednesday night, fire officials said Thursday morning.
The fire at Watson and Taylor Self Storage, 11712 North Lamar Blvd., ignited after “too many devices were plugged into multiple outlets,” Austin fire officials said.
Investigators said fire resulted in an estimated $100,000 in structural damage and $50,000 in damage to contents inside the facility.
Wednesday: A fire burned through the roof of a North Lamar Boulevard storage facility Wednesday night, Austin fire officials said.
Firefighters responded at 9:42 p.m. to Watson & Taylor Self Storage on Lamar, just north of Braker Lane. Firefighters had the fire under control by 10:11 p.m., said officials with the Austin Fire Department.
11712 N Lamar. Watson and Taylor Self Storage pic.twitter.com/nIQ7zph4FG— Austin Fire Info (@AustinFireInfo) March 8, 2018