Don’t take to the sea this weekend, Austin, because this is no illusion. America’s favorite n’er-do-well family (or at least, their car) is rolling into town in style Saturday.
The Bluth family and “Arrested Development” season five hit Netflix on May 29. Perhaps to drum up excitement, the sitcom’s famous stair car is traveling the country, having already made a stop in New York and Washington, D.C. According to a fake website in support of the Bluths’ “Family of the Year” campaign, the steps-on-wheels will roll into Austin on May 12 at the following locations:
- 9 a.m.-noon: Texas State Capitol (at Eleventh Street between Congress Avenue and Brazos Street)
- 1-4 p.m.: South Congress Avenue & Elizabeth Street
- 5-8 p.m.: Parking lot at 501 E. Brazos St.
And that’s not all! There will also be a “Never Nude” meet-up that day. According to the website, you can sign up for the “Bluthletter” for details. In case you need a refresher on the proper Never Nude attire, it involves cut-off denim shorts. Remember to respect your fellow fans, and no touching.
And yes, motherboys: This is Mother’s Day weekend. Don’t forget to bring the Lucille in your life.
MORE TRENDING NEWS:
- Chuy’s co-founder jailed, accused of punching wife in the face, affidavit says
- Exclusive: East Austin restaurant Rosewood’s opening date and menu
- Reese Witherspoon, Brené Brown coming to Austin for Texas Conference for Women