A Houston-based company says it is spending $125 million to build eight new self-storage facilities and expand two existing facilities in the Austin area.
The Jenkins Organization says two of the new facilities have already opened: ATX Storage at 6901 N. Interstate 35 in North Austin and Lakeline Storage at 11000 Lakeline Blvd. in Northwest Austin.
The remaining six new facilities still under construction are:
- Bee Cave Storage, 15106 W. Texas 71, Bee Cave
- Manchaca Storage, 9507 Manchaca Road, South Austin
- Oak Hill Storage, 7919 W. Texas 71, Oak Hill
- Bergstrom Storage, 600 S. U.S. 183, Southeast Austin
- Northgate Storage, 8875 Research Blvd., North Austin
- Darden Hill Storage, FM 1826 and Darden Hill Road, Driftwood
The two facilities being expanded are:
- West Highway 29 Storage, 7560 W. Texas 29, Georgetown
- Leander Storage, 11520 Hero Way West, Leander
Combined, the 10 facilities will have 1.2 million square feet of space.
“While there is a tremendous amount of self-storage development throughout Texas, we have worked hard to locate sites with high barriers to entry and excellent demographics,” said Ricky Jenkins, president of the Jenkins Organization.
Founded in 1989, the Jenkins Organization operates 45 self-storage facilities with more than 3.5 million square feet of space in five states.