Eight more Central Texas RadioShack stores are set to close as the electronics retailer continues to struggle financially.
The Fort Worth-based company, which just filed bankruptcy for the second time in two years, shuttered a number of locations in 2015, in an earlier round of closings that affected seven Austin-area stores.
Some of the remaining locations added Sprint stores in hopes of attracting more customers. Two of the eight Central Texas RadioShack locations that will close feature Sprint stores that will remain open.
Liquidation sales are already under way.
The stores that will soon close are:
- 120 E. Oltorf St., Austin
- 5501 N. Interstate 35, Austin
- 4301 W. William Cannon Drive, Austin
- 2110 W. Slaughter Lane, Austin
- 494 W. Texas 71, Bastrop
- 900 N. Austin Ave., Georgetown
- 5186 Kyle Center Drive, Kyle (Sprint store will remain open)
- 2601 S. I-35, Round Rock (Sprint store will remain open)