Alcohol sales at Austin bars, restaurants and hotels were essentially flat in January, according to the latest figures from the state comptroller’s office.
Bartenders citywide poured $53.2 million worth of booze in the first month of this year, up less than 1 percent from $53.1 million in 2015, an American-Statesman analysis found.
Across Texas, bar tabs were up 2 percent for the month, reaching $485.7 million.
The top-selling venue statewide was AT&T Stadium in Arlington, home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, where receipts hit $2.2 million.
Austin’s No. 1-ranked business was, as usual, the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St. Registers there took in $956,450.
Next up was Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd., coming in at $411,780.90, followed by Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., with sales of $394,952.99.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Hilton Austin Hotel, 500 E. Fourth St., $392,351.94
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $386,216.87
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $363,684.93
- Kung Fu Saloon, 11501 Rock Rose Ave., $339,775.97
- Driskill Hotel, 604 Brazos St., $333,854.93
- Culinary Dropout, 11721 Rock Rose Ave., $331,770.90
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin, 98 San Jacinto Blvd., $330,598.96
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $67,420.90
- Bee Cave: Woody Tavern, 12801 Shops Pkwy., $78,150.90
- Buda: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 S. FM 1626, $85,988.96
- Cedar Park: Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurant, 4501 183A toll road, $100,110.90
- Dripping Springs: Trudy’s Four Star, 13059 Four Star Blvd., $50,722.99
- Georgetown: Hardtails, 1515 N. Interstate 35, $67,857.91
- Kyle: Casa Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant, 5401 FM 1626, $62,937.91
- Lago Vista: Copperhead Grill, 6115 Lohmans Ford Road, $16,230
- Lakeway: Lakeway Resort and Spa, 101 Lakeway Drive, $119,220
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $56,473.88
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $39,093.88
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $122,028.96
- Round Rock: Jack Allen’s Kitchen, 2500 Hoppe Trail, $130,300
- San Marcos: Pluckers Wing Bar, 105 N. I-35, $113,933.88
- Spicewood: Poodie’s Hilltop Roadhouse, 22308 W. Texas 71, $43,402.99
- Sunset Valley: BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, 5207 Brodie Lane, $72,280.90
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $86,528.96
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.