Alcohol sales at Austin-area bars, restaurants and hotels jumped 8 percent in September, according to an American-Statesman analysis of state data.
Bartenders citywide poured $64.9 million worth of beer, wine and mixed drinks during the month, up from $59.9 million during September 2016.
Bar tabs statewide totaled $552 million, representing a 6 percent year-over-year increase.
Across Texas, the top-selling business was AT&T Stadium in Arlington, home of the Dallas Cowboys. Receipts there added up to $3.9 million, according to state data.
In Austin, the JW Marriott hotel – as usual – topped the list, coming in at $1.1 million.
Circuit of the Americas, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd., was next, with patrons there downing $873,760 worth of booze, followed by the W Hotel Austin, 200 Lavaca St., with sales of $737,544.93.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., $585,685.97
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $503,351.94
- Blind Pig Pub, 317 E. Sixth St., $502,440
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $398,331.94
- Hotel Van Zandt, 605 Davis St., $393,393.88
- The Palazio, 501 E. Ben White Blvd., $376,712.99
- Container Bar, 90 Rainey St., $375,493.88
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $61,144.93
- Bee Cave: Woody’s Tavern and Grill, 12801 Shops Pkwy., $110,074.93
- Buda: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 S. FM 1626, $86,183.88
- Cedar Park: The Grove Wine Bar and Kitchen, 1310 E. Whitestone Blvd., $167,005.97
- Dripping Springs: Treaty Oak Distilling Ranch, 16604 Fitzhugh Road, $101,135.97
- Georgetown: El Monumento, 205 W. Second St., $ 87,314.93
- Kyle: Casa Garcia’s, 5401 FM 1626, $76,018.96
- Lago Vista: Copperhead Grill, 6115 Lohmans Ford Road, $16,582.99
- Lakeway: The Grove Wine Bar and Kitchen, 3001 S. RM 620, $116,654.93
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $64,860.90
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $45,521.94
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $163,810.90
- Round Rock: Third Base Round Rock, 3107 S. Interstate 35, $150,185.97
- San Marcos: The Marc, 120 E. San Antonio St., $152,250.90
- Spicewood: Angel’s Icehouse, 21815 W. Texas 71, $60,300.90
- Sunset Valley: Doc’s Backyard, 5207 Brodie Lane, $90,692.99
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $90,094.93
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.