December was an especially lucrative month for bars, hotels and restaurants in Austin and statewide, according to an American-Statesman analysis of state data.
Citywide, alcohol sales hit $64.1 million, up 11 percent from $57.8 million during December 2016.
Across Texas, bartenders poured $618.5 million worth of beer, wine and mixed drinks, an increase of 12 percent compared to the same month a year earlier.
The top-selling venue statewide was AT&T Stadium in Arlington, home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys. Bar tabs there were just shy of $4 million.
In Austin, the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St., ranked No. 1, coming in with $869,818 in alcohol sales.
Next up was the W Hotel Austin, 200 Lavaca St., where receipts added up to $581,798, followed by the Driskill hotel, 604 Brazos St., with sales of $563,253.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., $527,145
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $466,017
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin, 98 San Jacinto Blvd., $459,049
- The Roosevelt Room/The Eleanor, 307 W. Fifth St., $436,238
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $419,467
- Kung Fu Saloon, 11501 Rock Rose Ave., $411,707
- Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater, 310 W. Second St., $407,007
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $94,519
- Bee Cave: Woody’s Tavern and Grill, 12801 Shops Pkwy., $109,891
- Buda: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 S. FM 1626, $94,575
- Cedar Park: Chuy’s, 4911 183-A toll road, $172,579
- Dripping Springs: Trudy’s Four Star, 13059 Four Star Blvd., $58,757
- Georgetown: Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel and Conference Center, 1101 Woodlawn Ave., $102,240
- Kyle: Evo Entertainment Center, 3200 Kyle Crossing, $69,790
- Lago Vista: The Grille at Highland Lakes, 20552 Highland Lake Drive, $21,706
- Lakeway: The Grove Wine Bar and Kitchen, 3001 S. RM 620, $106,006
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $65,014
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $41,526
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $147,058
- Round Rock: Chuy’s, 2320 N. Interstate 35, $165,153
- San Marcos: The Marc, 120 E. San Antonio St., $116,365
- Spicewood: Poodie’s Hilltop Roadhouse, 22308 W. Texas 71, $47,063
- Sunset Valley: BJ’s Restaurant and Roadhouse, 5207 Brodie Lane, $79,361
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $91,059
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.