Austin alcohol sales inched up 2 percent in January, according to an American-Statesman analysis of state data.
Bars, restaurants and hotels citywide served $54.2 million worth of beer, wine and mixed drinks during the first month of 2018, up from $53.2 million in January 2017.
Across Texas, bar tabs were up 5 percent, growing from $485.7 million to $511.9 million.
The top-selling venue, statewide, was the Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine, where receipts totaled $1.9 million.
In Austin, the No. 1-ranked business was the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St., which came in at just over $1 million for the month.
Next up was the Hilton Austin Hotel, 500 E. Fourth St., where patrons downed $522,847 worth of booze, followed by Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd., where bar tabs added up to $432,929.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $416,855
- Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., $387,671
- Driskill Hotel, 604 Brazos St., $332,297
- Culinary Dropout, 11721 Rock Rose Ave., $326,267
- The Palazio, 501 E. Ben White Blvd., $319,437
- Top Golf, 2700 Esperanza Crossing, $312,561
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $311,417
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $65,110
- Bee Cave: Woody’s Tavern and Grill, 12801 Shops Pkwy., $95,732
- Buda: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 S. FM 1626, $61,771
- Cedar Park: The Grove Wine Bar and Kitchen, 1310 E. Whitestone Blvd., $115,702
- Dripping Springs: Family Business Beer Co., 19510 Hamilton Pool Road, $102,287
- Georgetown: El Monumento, 205 W. Second St., $69,640
- Kyle: Casa Garcia’s, 5401 FM 1626, $63,765
- Lago Vista: The Grille at Highland Lakes, 20552 Highland Lake Drive, $20,374
- Lakeway: The Grove Wine Bar and Kitchen, 3001 S. RM 620, $99,051
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $58,093
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $41,977
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $136,233
- Round Rock: Twin Peaks, 100 Louis Henna Blvd., $135,022
- San Marcos: Pluckers Wing Bar, 105 N. Interstate 35, $107,476
- Spicewood: Poodie’s Hilltop Roadhouse, 22308 W. Texas 71, $43,476
- Sunset Valley: BJ’s Restaurant and Roadhouse, 5207 Brodie Lane, $64,733
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $82,971
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.