BIG 12 POWER POLL
Rnk (prv) Team;W-L (conf.);Next opponent;Comment
1. (1) Oklahoma;8-1 (5-1);vs. TCU (8-1), Sat.;Lake Travis ex Baker Mayfield is your new NCAA pass efficiency leader and everybody’s Heisman Trophy favorite.
2. (2) TCU;8-1 (5-1);at Oklahoma (8-1), Sat.;Immovable object vs. unstoppable force: Frogs 6th in nation in total defense; Sooners 1st in total offense.
3. (3) Oklahoma State;7-2 (4-2);at Iowa State (6-3), Sat.;Mason Rudolph still leads Mayfield in passing yardage, but he’ll forever take a back seat to Sooners QB.
4. (4) Iowa State;6-3 (4-2);vs. Oklahoma State (7-2), Sat.;The undercard bout to TCU vs. OU. Think of this as elimination game for Big 12 title-game contenders.
5. (6) West Virginia;6-3 (4-2);at Kansas State (5-4), Sat.;Tricky road trip for Mountaineers, who must win to keep conference title-game hopes alive.
6. (5) Texas;4-5 (3-3);vs. Kansas (1-8), Sat.;Longhorns could play Patrick Vahe at QB and Josh Rowland at LT and beat hapless, hopeless Jayhawks.
7. (8) Kansas State;5-4 (3-3);vs. West Virginia (6-3), Sat.;Wildcats are no bowl lock yet with finishing sked of WVU, Oklahoma State and Iowa State.
8. (7) Texas Tech;4-5 (1-5);vs. *Baylor (1-8), Sat.;Bowl hopes all but dashed again, Kliff Kingsbury is 28-31 overall and 14-29 in Big 12 games.
9. (9) Baylor;1-8 (1-5);vs. *Texas Tech (4-5), Sat.;Very winnable game for rebuilding Bears, who stack up pretty well to staggering Red Raiders.
10. (10) Kansas;1-8 (0-6);at Texas (4-5), Sat.;How bad are Jayhawks, Chapter X? They are 33½-point underdog to team that cannot score.
* at AT&T Stadium, Arlington