If you can’t get tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters next week at the Erwin Center, the next best thing is watching the Iowa State Cyclones play at Texas this Saturday.
For pure entertainment value, the eighth-ranked Cyclones are hard to beat.
The story you're reading is premium content from the Austin American-Statesman. Subscribers get total access to all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive premium content. You can now also buy a 24-hour digital pass or 7-day digital pass.
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
Read MyStatesman.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24-hours
Read MyStatesman.com all week — 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7-days
Subscribe to the Statesman for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
BIG 12 POWER POLL
1. (4) Kansas;12-4 (3-0);vs. Oklahoma State (14-2), Sat.;Since New Year’s Day, Jayhawks morph from fourth-best team in league to usual default position. Yep, No. 1.
2. (3) Oklahoma State;14-2 (2-1);vs. TCU (9-6), Wed.;Travis Ford likes stressing defense, yet Cowboys are 46-4 under him when scoring 80 or more.
3. (1) Iowa State;14-2 (2-2);at Texas (13-4), Sat.;Smallish Cyclones run, jump, shoot and rule playground until class bully Kansas shows up.
4. (2) Baylor;13-2 (1-1);at Texas Tech (8-8), Wed.;Please, no Bear wrestling in Texas. Baylor on 19-1 roll vs. in-state foes since start of 2011-12.
5. (6) Oklahoma;13-3 (2-1);at Baylor (13-2), Sat.;Star-spangled Banner. Sophomore forward hitting all the right notes with six double-doubles.
6. (5) Kansas State;12-4 (2-1);vs. West Virginia (10-7), Sat.;Wildcats are offensively challenged but defensively a challenge for all but big brother Jayhawk.
7. (7) Texas;13-4 (2-2);vs. Iowa State (14-2), Sat.;If fan-starved Longhorns want to draw crowd, tell ’em George Strait will perform at halftime.
8. (8) West Virginia;10-7 (2-2);at Kansas State (12-4), Sat.;Frustrated Huggins orders guards to rebound because nobody else on his team can.
9. (9) Texas Tech;8-8 (0-3);vs. Baylor (13-2), Wed.;Gonna be another long, cold winter in Lubbock, but TCU shows up on schedule Saturday.
10. (10) TCU;9-6 (0-3);at Oklahoma State (14-2), Wed.;Frogs last in scoring margin, last in rebounding, ninth in FG shooting. Well, you get it.