In the final seconds of regulation in Monday night’s Kansas-Iowa State game, the Jayhawks’ Elijah Johnson crashed into Georges Niang in the lane, the Cyclone tumbling over backward.
Looked like a charge. Could have been a block. Had to be something. Yet there was no call.
The story you’re reading is premium content from the Austin American-Statesman. Subscribers get total access to all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive premium content. You can also buy a 24-hour digital pass or 7-day digital pass.
Read MyStatesman.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24-hours
Read MyStatesman.com all week — 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7-days
Subscribe to the Statesman for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
BIG 12 POWER POLL
1. (1) Kansas; 24-4 (12-3); vs. West Virginia (13-14), Sat.; Jayhawks nearly as solid a title favorite as Daniel Day-Lewis was in winning Oscar for ‘Lincoln.’
2. (2) Oklahoma State; 20-6 (10-4); at TCU (10-17), Wed.; Cowboys likely to come up 6-shooter short of Big 12 crown after bitter home-OT loss to KU.
3. (3) Kansas State; 23-5 (12-3); at Baylor (16-11), Sat.; Heavenly sent: Cats unheralded Angel Rodriguez turning into one of best point guards in league.
4. (4) Oklahoma; 18-8 (9-5); at Texas (12-15), Wed.; Boomer Sooners go for clean sweep of Longhorns in men’s & women’s hoops and football.
5. (5) Iowa State; 19-9 (9-6); at Oklahoma (18-8), Sat.; ISU, KU go all-NBA on us in 108-96 show-stopper, but Clones coulda used ugly 48-46 win.
6. (6) Baylor; 16-11 (7-7); at West Virginia (13-14), Wed.; Shaky Bears teetering on tournament cliff, and Mountaineers can push them off ledge.
7. (7) West Virginia; 13-14 (6-8); vs. Baylor (16-11), Wed.; If first-year Big 12 flops win this game, they just might have chance to join Bears in NIT.
8. (8) Texas; 12-15 (4-10); vs. Oklahoma (18-8), Wed.; Lost cause: The 2-2 Myck Kabongo-Horns aren’t much better than 10-13 pre-Kabongo Horns.
9. (9) Texas Tech; 9-17 (2-13); vs. TCU (10-17), Sat.; Blizzard hits Lubbock, and Red Raiders actually have snowball’s chance against Horned Frogs.
10. (10) TCU; 10-17 (1-13); vs. Oklahoma State (20-6), Wed.; Trent Johnson searching for few good men, and soph F Devonta Abron may be one.