Wednesday forecast for Austin: Forecasters are calling for patchy fog and scattered sprinkles in the Austin metro area on Wednesday morning before temperatures again climb into the 90s this afternoon.
According to the National Weather Service, highs at Camp Mabry in Central Austin are expected to hit 91 degrees, which would mark the fifth consecutive day of temperatures above 90 degrees.
Though some light isolated showers are in the forecast, chances for rain won’t really pick up until Thursday morning, which will see a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms as a cold front sweeps into the region.
Daytime highs though the rest of the week will dip down into the upper 70s to lower 80s, while overnight lows are expected in the mid-50s.
Though temperatures will be low, sunny skies are expected through the entire weekend.
Here’s a look at the forecast through the weekend:
• Thursday: Partly sunny with highs around 80 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms:
• Friday: Sunny with a high near 78.
• Saturday: Sunny with a high near 82.
• Sunday: Mostly sunny with highs near 84.
• Monday: Partly sunny with highs near 85.