Lake Travis Middle School student dies from illness, school officials say


A Lake Travis Middle School student died from an illness on Wednesday evening, the school district said in an email to parents and employees Thursday.

Chloe Sanders was an eighth grader, school officials said.

“Chloe had such a sweet and loving heart,” Principal Jodie Villemarie said in the email. “She brought happiness and smiles to those around her. Chloe was very outgoing and had many friends. She participated in athletics and was a member of the school’s cheerleading team. Lake Travis Middle School is truly an amazing community, and we are both fortunate and blessed to have been able to spend the time we had with Chloe.”

Several community members offered their condolences through Lake Travis school district’s Facebook page.

It is not immediately known how Sanders died.

Counselors will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Lake Travis Middle School, school officials said.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Local

Community news: Artwork sought for Dove Springs Recreation Center

TRAVIS COUNTY AUSTIN Artwork sought for rec center Art in Public Places, a program of the city of Austin’s Cultural Arts Division, is seeking a professional visual artist, or artist team, to design and fabricate artwork for the Dove Springs Recreation Center, 5801 Ainez Drive. An informational meeting will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Aug. 8 at...
Body found in house in Deer Creek Ranch in Southwest Travis County
Body found in house in Deer Creek Ranch in Southwest Travis County

Travis County sheriff’s deputies responded Sunday at 10:30 a.m. to a home in the Deer Creek subdivision for a welfare check and found a deceased person. The body may have sat in the home for up to a week, deputies say, and it was in an advanced stage of decomposition when they discovered it. An autopsy will be performed on Tuesday morning, said...
H-E-B issues recall for ground beef packaged Sunday at Buda store
H-E-B issues recall for ground beef packaged Sunday at Buda store

H-E-B has issued a precautionary recall for ground beef sold at its Buda store on Sunday. The recall is issued only for 80 percent lean ground chuck sold on Styrofoam trays that were packaged on Sunday with a time stamp later than 4:30 p.m. and sold at the Buda store, 15300 S IH 35 Frontage Road. Customers can return the product to the store for a...
EXCLUSIVE: Feds arrive to inspect APD fleet in carbon monoxide case
EXCLUSIVE: Feds arrive to inspect APD fleet in carbon monoxide case

Inspectors for Ford Motor Company and investigators from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will be on the ground in Austin this week trying to figure out what is causing carbon monoxide to leak into police sport utility vehicles, city officials confirmed to the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV Sunday. The visit will be the second time...
Senate panel OKs mail-in ballot fraud bill

The Senate State Affairs Committee unanimously approved a bill Sunday that would set up safeguards to prevent mail-in ballot fraud in Texas and increase penalties for people who try to steal others’ votes. Senate Bill 5 by Sen. Kelly Hancock, R-North Richland Hills, would require a signature verification process for early ballots, notification...
More Stories