A quick-moving fire consumed a Southeast Austin home late Tuesday night but all five residents — three adults and two children — escaped without injury, authorities said.
Austin firefighters rushed to the scene on the 11900 block of Underwood Drive in Mustang Ridge shortly after 10:30 p.m.
The fire apparently stemmed from a cookout using propane in the garage and quickly spread to the rest of the house, Division Chief Thayer Smith said.
Underwood Dr fire is now under control. 5 occupants accounted for and uninjured. Alerted by working smoke alarm in time to escape. pic.twitter.com/NCPNCstIAv— Austin Fire Info (@AustinFireInfo) January 3, 2018