Gas leak reported at Graham Elementary School’s loading dock

5:37 p.m Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017 Local
AMERICAN-STATESMAN file photo/American-Statesman

Children were evacuated from Graham Elementary School on Tuesday after a natural gas leak on a loading dock, Austin fire officials said.

Fire officials reported the incident at 5:30 p.m. Officials evacuated children who were still at school at that time. By 6:15 p.m., fire officials said crews plugged the broken valve, and the leak had stopped.

The school is in Northeast Austin at 11211 Tom Adams Drive.

View full experience