Tim League says, contrary to tweet, he is not stepping down from Alamo Drafthouse


Friday afternoon, in the middle of the Alamo Drafthouse’s signature event Fantastic Fest, the following appeared on Twitter, posted by Sean Atkins, whose Twitter bio says he is a film/TV critic at a Canadian entertainment website.

The tweet has since been deleted, but about an hour later, Drafthouse founder and CEO Tim League responded on Twitter:

This follows a good 11 days of drama surrounding last year’s resignation of former Birth.Movies.Death editor Devin Faraci following an allegation of sexual misconduct, followed by the revelation Sept. 11 of this year that Faraci had been on the payroll in a non-public-facing writing job. Faraci subsequently resigned, again, but l’affarie Faraci has hung over Fantastic Fest like a bad smell. (That said, everyone seems to be having a lovely time at FF. Just don’t try to park at the Alamo Drafthouse South right now.)

RELATED: Ain’t It Cool News is no longer a sponsor of Fantastic Fest

Atkins later explained why he deleted the tweet, saying due to the harassment and trolling he received from the tweet and due to his (unnamed) source, he would “let time do the talking.”

He went on to say that the response from League was unprompted and that he would “Let that and his history of lying to protect himself, his brand and Devin Faraci speak for itself.”

RELATED: Devin Faraci publishes, then removes, statement regarding Alamo Drafthouse controversy

League’s tweet prompted mixed responses from the community, many of whom suggested that he should step down from his post anyway.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Homepage