The wait for H-Mart is almost over.
The beloved Asian grocery chain will open its first Austin store Thursday at 11301 Lakeline Blvd. in Northwest Austin. Festivities start at 10:30 a.m.
H-Mart took over a pair of storefronts previously occupied by Sports Authority and Bed Bath & Beyond and has been working for months to transform the 68,670-square-foot space near Lakeline Mall.
The Austin store is the first with a Market Eatery, a new concept that features several small shops and restaurants tucked away within the larger H-Mart store.
Eateries that will be featured in the Market Eatery at Austin’s H-Mart are:
- Sunday Bird (Korean fried chicken)
- Sunday BBQ (Korean barbecue)
- Snow Monster (Taiwanese shaved ice, Boba tea, waffles)
- Sogongdong Tofu House (Korean tofu soup and comfort food)
- Mix (Korean snack food)
- Lai Lai (Authentic Chinese cuisine)
- Tous Les Jours (Korean bakery)
- Momo Sushi (Japanese sushi)
Non-food vendors will include:
- The Face Shop (Korean cosmetics)
- Cheong Kwan Jang (Korean red ginseng shop)
- Tori Gift (Gift shop)
- Jessica Hair (Salon)
- JDX (Blinds and curtains)
Market Eatery also serves beer, wine and sake, with daily drink specials planned.
“I want to express my sincerest gratitude to everyone who has made this project possible,” said Stacey Kwon, president of H-Mart and daughter of the chain’s founder and CEO Il Yeon Kwon. “Without their hard work and dedication to our vision, none of this would have been possible. Specifically, to the city of Austin and the members of the community who have welcomed us with open arms, we are humbled to join this city’s unique vibrancy and ever-changing landscape.”