Fueled by Formula One’s annual racing stop in Austin, the Circuit of the Americas sold $2.9 million worth of alcohol in October – more than any other venue in Texas – according to an American-Statesman analysis of state data.
AT&T Stadium, home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, was a close second for the month, coming in at $2.8 million, the Statesman found.
Across Texas, bar tabs totaled $565.7 million in October, an increase of 7 percent from $527.5 million during 2016.
In Austin, patrons downed $67.6 million worth of beer, wine and mixed drinks – up about 5 percent compared to the same month last year.
Following Circuit of the Americas, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd., on Austin’s list of top-selling businesses was the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St., where October bar receipts added up to $1,178,366. Blind Pig Pub, 317 E. Sixth St., ranked third, reporting alcohol sales totaling $613,631.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $543,720
- W Hotel Austin, 200 Lavaca St., $471,173
- Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., $464,844
- Hilton Austin Hotel, 500 E. Fourth St., $431,178
- The Palazio, 501 E. Ben White Blvd., $430,533
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $402,490
- Stubb’s Bar-B-Q, 801 Red River St., $401,258
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $68,015
- Bee Cave: Woody’s Tavern and Grill, 12801 Shops Pkwy., $119,842
- Buda: Willie’s Joint, 824 Main St., $92,781
- Cedar Park: The Grove Wine Bar and Kitchen, 1310 E. Whitestone Blvd., $146,565
- Dripping Springs: Treaty Oak Distilling Ranch, 16604 Fitzhugh Road, $67,637
- Georgetown: El Monumento, 205 W. Second St., $82,834
- Kyle: Casa Garcia’s, 5401 FM 1626, $68,336
- Lago Vista: The Gnarly Gar, 18200 Lakepoint Cove, $45,615
- Lakeway: Lakeway Resort and Spa, 101 Lakeway Drive, $122,046
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $66,322
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $39,688
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $118,474
- Round Rock: Third Base Round Rock, 3107 S. Interstate 35, $154,984
- San Marcos: Pluckers, 105 N. I-35, $121,763
- Spicewood: Angel’s Icehouse, 21815 W. Texas 71, $58,696
- Sunset Valley: Doc’s Backyard, 5207 Brodie Lane, $89,901
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $90,865
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.