Alcohol sales in Austin were up 3 percent in February, according to an American-Statesman analysis of data from the state comptroller’s office.
Bar tabs citywide rose to $55.8 million last month, up from $54.3 million during the same month in 2016.
Across Texas, sales of beer, wine and mixed drinks totaled $520.9 million, a 4 percent increase over last year’s $498.8 million, according to state data.
The top-selling venue statewide was San Antonio’s AT&T Center, home of the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs. Bartenders there poured $2.9 million worth of booze during February.
In Austin, the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St., once again ranked No. 1, coming in with $1,191,110.90 in alcohol sales.
Next was Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., with sales of $445,878.96, followed by Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., where cash registers took in $423,807.91.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $408,546.87
- Kung Fu Saloon, 11501 Rock Rose Ave., $350,270.90
- Barton Creek Country Club, 8212 Barton Club Drive, $344,263.88
- Top Golf, 2700 Esperanza Crossing, $342,350.90
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin, 98 San Jacinto Blvd., $333,760
- Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd., $333,203.88
- The Palazio, 501 E. Ben White Blvd., $317,540.90
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $61,038.96
- Bee Cave: Woody Tavern, 12801 Shops Pkwy., $76,575.97
- Buda: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 S. FM 1626, $123,566.87
- Cedar Park: Chuy’s, 4911 183A toll road, $103,892.99
- Dripping Springs: Deep Eddy Distilling, 2250 E. U.S. 290, $60,344.93
- Georgetown: Sheraton Georgetown Texas Hotel & Conference Center, 1101 Woodlawn Ave., $89,180
- Kyle: Casa Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant, 5401 FM 1626, $66,890.90
- Lago Vista: Copperhead Grill, 6115 Lohmans Ford Road, $17,167.91
- Lakeway: Lakeway Resort and Spa, 101 Lakeway Drive, $84,241.94
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $49,937.91
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $39,460.90
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $127,683.88
- Round Rock: Jack Allen’s Kitchen, 2500 Hoppe Trail, $126,928.96
- San Marcos: The Marc, 120 E. San Antonio St., $145,252.99
- Spicewood: Angel’s Icehouse, 21815 W. Texas 71, $46,480
- Sunset Valley: Doc’s Backyard, 5207 Brodie Lane, $70,210
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $ 85,631.94
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.