Alcohol sales at Austin bars, restaurants and hotels jumped 10 percent in July, according to an American-Statesman analysis of state data.
Bartenders citywide poured $62.5 million worth of booze, up from $56.9 million in July 2016.
Across Texas, bar tabs totaled $581.8 million, a 12 percent increase.
The business that sold the most beer, wine and mixed drinks statewide was the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. July receipts there were $1.5 million.
Austin’s top seller was, once again, the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St., where patrons downed $993,470 worth of drinks.
Next on the list was Kung Fu Saloon, 716 W. Sixth St., with $690,917.92 in sales, followed by Barton Creek Country Club, 8212 Barton Club Drive, coming in at $601,905.98.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., $529,171.04
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $523,532.99
- W Hotel Austin, 200 Lavaca St., $504,925.97
- Oasis Cantina del Lago, 6550 Comanche Trail, $469,482.99
- Top Golf, 2700 Esperanza Crossing, $415,604.03
- Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd., $394,002.99
- Culinary Dropout, 11721 Rock Rose Ave., $381,665.07
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $57,340
- Bee Cave: Woody’s Tavern and Grill, 12801 Shops Pkwy., $87,612.99
- Buda: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 S. FM 1626, $120,442.99
- Cedar Park: Chuy’s, 4911 183A toll road, $125,300
- Dripping Springs: Trudy’s Four Star, 13059 Four Star Blvd., $114,270.14
- Georgetown: El Monumento, 205 W. Second St., $91,951.04
- Kyle: Casa Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant, 5401 FM 1626, $79,850
- Lago Vista: The Gnarly Gar, 18200 Lakepoint Cove, $125,318.06
- Lakeway: Lakeway Resort and Spa, 101 Lakeway Drive, $153,607.01
- Leander: Volente Beach/VIP Marina, 16107 Wharf Cove, $103,182.99
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $43,250
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $137,544.03
- Round Rock: Rick’s Cabaret, 3105 S. Interstate 35, $150,772.99
- San Marcos: The Marc, 120 E. San Antonio St., $144,118.96
- Spicewood: Angel’s Icehouse, 21815 W. Texas 71, $53,611.94
- Sunset Valley: BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, 5207 Brodie Lane, $63,785.97
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $90,731.94
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.