Alcohol sales at Austin bars, restaurants and hotels jumped 6 percent during the final month of 2016.
An American-Statesman analysis of state data shows bar tabs citywide totaled $57.8 million in December, up from $54.8 million a year earlier.
Statewide, Texans purchased $554.9 million worth of beer, wine and mixed drinks – a 4 percent increase over $532.1 million during the same month in 2015.
AT&T Stadium in Arlington was the top-selling business in all of Texas, with receipts totaling $4.2 million.
In Austin, the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St., ranked No. 1, coming in at $678,465.97.
The W Hotel Austin, 200 Lavaca St., was next, with patrons downing $495,463.88 worth of booze, followed by the Driskill Hotel, 604 Brazos St., with $480,320 in alcohol sales.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Top Golf, 2700 Esperanza Crossing, $441,558.96
- Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater, 310 W. Second St., $441,070
- Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., $417,804.93
- Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd., $403,163.88
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $402,871.94
- Eberly, 613 S. Lamar Blvd., $379,968.96
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $379,885.97
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $75,125.97
- Bee Cave: Sonesta Bee Cave Austin Hotel, 12525 Bee Cave Pkwy., $82,248.96
- Buda: Cleveland’s, 100 N. Main St., $48,535.97
- Cedar Park: H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, 2100 Avenue of the Stars, $112,551.94
- Dripping Springs: Trudy’s Four Star, 13059 Four Star Blvd., $52,336.87
- Georgetown: Sheraton Georgetown Texas Hotel and Conference Center, 1101 Woodlawn Ave., $80,210
- Kyle: Evo Entertainment Center, 3200 Kyle Crossing, $67,787.91
- Lago Vista: Copperhead Grill, 6115 Lohmans Ford Road, $15,568.96
- Lakeway: High 5 Entertainment, 1502 S. RM 620, $106,344.93
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $60,692.99
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $39,121.94
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $138,750.90
- Round Rock: Third Base, 3107 S. Interstate 35, $156,912.99
- San Marcos: Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel, Spa and Conference Center, 1001 McCarty Lane, $128,654.93
- Spicewood: Angel’s Icehouse, 21815 W. Texas 71, $35,814.93
- Sunset Valley: BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, 5207 Brodie Lane, $81,223.88
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $89,658.96
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.