Alcohol sales at Austin bars, restaurants and hotels inched up 2 percent in April, according to an American-Statesman analysis of data from the state comptroller’s office.
Citywide, drink tabs totaled $66.2 million, an increase from $65.1 million during the same month last year.
Across Texas, receipts were up less than 1 percent compared to 2016, coming in at $559.1 million.
San Antonio’s JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa was the state’s top-selling business in April, with bartenders there pouring $1.7 million worth of booze.
In Austin, the JW Marriott hotel, 110 E. Second St., ranked No. 1, serving beer, wine and mixed drinks totaling $1,077,413.88.
Next on the list was Circuit of the Americas, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd., which is also home to the Austin360 Amphitheater. Sales there were $869,657.91.
Rose Room, 11500 Rock Rose Ave., ranked third, with thirsty patrons downing drinks worth a combined $509,396.87.
The rest of Austin’s top 10 list includes:
- Chupacabra Cantina, 400 E. Sixth St., $469,523.88
- Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater, 310 W. Second St., $455,687.91
- Top Golf, 2700 Esperanza Crossing, $453,020
- Barton Creek Country Club, 8212 Barton Club Drive, $443,422.99
- Driskill Hotel, 604 Brazos St., $437,601.94
- The Dogwood Domain, 11420 Rock Rose Ave., $436,762.99
- Stubb’s, 801 Red River St., $422,377.91
Top sellers* in other Central Texas communities were:
- Bastrop: Old Town Restaurant and Bar, 931 Main St., $66,764.93
- Bee Cave: Sonesta Bee Cave Austin Hotel, 12525 Bee Cave Pkwy., $103,757.91
- Buda: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 S. FM 1626, $124,322.99
- Cedar Park: Chuy’s, 4911 183A toll road, $134,457.91
- Dripping Springs: Trudy’s Four Star, 13059 Four Star Blvd., $77,137.91
- Georgetown: El Monumento, 205 W. Second St., $101,000.90
- Kyle: Casa Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant, 5401 FM 1626, $77,441.94
- Lago Vista: Copperhead Grill, 6115 Lohmans Ford Road, $19,306.87
- Lakeway: Lakeway Resort and Spa, 101 Lakeway Drive, $127,252.99
- Leander: Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria, 3550 Lakeline Blvd., $56,243.88
- Liberty Hill: Jardin Corona, 15395 W. Texas 29, $44,466.87
- Pflugerville: Mavericks, 1700 Grand Avenue Pkwy., $131,342.99
- Round Rock: Third Base, 3107 S. Interstate 35, $136,180.90
- San Marcos: Zelicks Icehouse, 336 W. Hopkins St., $138,075.97
- Spicewood: Angel’s Icehouse, 21815 W. Texas 71, $64,624.93
- Sunset Valley: Doc’s Backyard, 5207 Brodie Lane, $83,097.91
- West Lake Hills: Lupe Tortilla, 701 S. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), $94,486.87
*Addresses are listed as reported in records from the state comptroller’s office, but might not reflect the jurisdictions that receive tax revenue from each business’ sales of alcoholic beverages.